Lambeth Council has declared a climate emergency. Climate change is a global challenge, but we need to act locally to take action to reduce emissions.
Solar panels are a great way to generate your own electricity. They don’t need direct sunlight to work, and you can store excess energy in batteries to use during peak use hours. Renewable energy is cheap, low carbon, and increases your energy independence.
The council is working in partnership with the Mayor of London and iChoosr to promote the Solar Together programme, which aims to make the transition to clean energy as cost-effective and hassle-free as possible.
What is Solar Together?
Solar Together is a group buying scheme, which offers domestic solar panels with optional battery storage. It also supports battery storage retrofit for residents who have already invested in solar panels.
By joining forces with others who are interested in making the switch to renewable energy, residents can benefit from competitive prices which are determined through a supplier auction. Independent experts iChoosr will be there to help throughout the process, so it’s safe, less cost and less hassle to you.
Registration closes on 23 March. Residents who have registered by then will receive a personal recommendation based on quotes from local suppliers, which is specific to the details you provided for your home.
We recognise Lambeth residents’ determination to be part of the solution to climate change. Not only can you reduce your carbon emissions by installing solar, but you can also increase your independence from the grid by generating your own renewable electricity.
How does it work?
- From 15 February: Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 23 March. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation that is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Or you can call 0800 060 8509.