Apply for Council Tax Support
Council Tax Support means you pay less, or sometimes no Council Tax at all. You can apply if you’re:
- on a low income and paying Council Tax
- having money problems because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Contact us for help with your payments
We can help you if you're having trouble paying Council Tax by trying different payment arrangements. Contact us as soon as possible so we can help you.
Check discounts and exemptions
You might be able to pay less for Council Tax. Check if you can apply for any discounts and exemptions.
Change your payment plan
To change your payment plan to make paying easier, you can ask to pay:
- over 12 months instead of 10 months
- every quarter of a year
- in a lump sum each year
Find out how to change your payment plan.
Get support from Citizen's Advice
Citizen’s Advice Merton and Lambeth can help you sort out problems with paying your Council Tax. They run debt clinics where you can:
- speak to an independent legal debt advisor
- clear up any concerns you have about your account
- agree a Council Tax payment plan at a rate you can afford
- arrange for Citizen's Advice to discuss this with Lambeth council tax officers on your behalf