Cost of living crisis support

Support is available from the council, local charities, and community groups.

Benefits and financial support

Help paying your Council Tax

If you are having trouble paying your Council Tax, there are lots of ways we can help you. You can apply for Council Tax Support, change your payment plan, or get financial advice.

Household Support Scheme

Lambeth’s Household Support Scheme can help if you’re facing hardship, a crisis, emergency or disaster, including struggling to pay bills or afford food.

Housing Benefit

If you get income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) or income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), guaranteed Pension Credit or Income Support, you may get your full eligible rent paid.

Get benefits advice

There are a number of local agencies who offer advice to help you find out what benefits you’re entitled to, and how to access them.

Discretionary Housing Payment

The Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) scheme helps people who need more financial help with their housing costs. We can pay DHP on top of your normal Housing Benefit.

If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness

Get advice on homeless prevention and access help and information for rough sleepers.

Food, energy & cost saving

Household Support Scheme

The household support scheme can help if you’re facing financial difficulties, including with food and energy costs. You can receive food vouchers and fuel payments, as well as other types of support.

Council Tax energy rebate

The government have announced a council tax rebate to help with energy costs. We will also be offering a discretionary payment targeted at people over-65 living in homes which are not eligible for the initial rebate.

Green Doctors

Green Doctors is a charity that offers impartial energy advice to stay warm, save money, and live greener.


If you and your family are going hungry and you need help getting food, you can visit a local foodbank in a crisis.

Retail deals and discounts

As part of the Help for Households campaign some retailers offer deals and discounts to those in need.

Jobs and skills support

Jobs and skills

Get help to find work, training or skills development.