Self-isolation information for workers and employers
What an employer needs to do if a worker tests positive for Covid-19
Employers should call the NHS Self-Isolation Service Hub on 020 3743 6715 as soon as they are made aware that any of their staff members have tested positive.
Employers will need to provide:
- the 8-digit NHS Test and Trace Account ID number (sometimes referred to as a CTAS number) of the person who has tested positive
- the names of any co-workers identified as close contacts who are over 18 and not fully vaccinated
This will ensure that all workplace contacts who have to self-isolate are registered with NHS Test and Trace and can receive the necessary public health advice, including the financial, practical and emotional support available to help people self-isolate.
Find out more about Covid-19 guidance for employers on the GOV.UK website.
Workers who are self-isolating can get a note for their employer
Use this service if you have to self-isolate because of Covid-19 and you need a note for your employer.
This service is only for people who have symptoms of Covid-19, or are over 18 and not fully vaccinated and:
- live with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19
- are in a support bubble with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19
- have been told to self-isolate by a test and trace service
Go to the service on the NHS website.