Advice and help to self‑isolate

What you need to do while self-isolating to protect yourself and others. You can get support while self-isolating if you’re worried about money or getting essentials delivered to you.

Self-isolation information for workers and employers

What an employer needs to do if a worker tests positive for Covid-19

Employers should call the NHS Self-Isolation Service Hub on 020 3743 6715 as soon as they are made aware that any of their staff members have tested positive.

Employers will need to provide:

  • the 8-digit NHS Test and Trace Account ID number (sometimes referred to as a CTAS number) of the person who has tested positive
  • the names of co-workers identified as close contacts

This will ensure that all workplace contacts are registered with NHS Test and Trace and can receive the necessary public health advice, including the financial, practical and emotional support available to help people self-isolate.

Find out more about Covid-19 guidance for employers on the GOV.UK website.

Workers who are self-isolating can get a note for their employer

Use this service if you have been told to self-isolate because of Covid-19 and you need a note for your employer. 

This service is only for people who: 

  • have symptoms of Covid-19 
  • live with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 
  • are in a support bubble with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 
  • have been told to self-isolate by a test and trace service 

Go to the service on the NHS website