Advice and help to self‑isolate

What you need to do while self-isolating to protect yourself and others. You can get support while self-isolating if you’re worried about money or getting essentials delivered to you.

Test and Trace Support Payment and Lambeth’s Stay home support payment 

You might be able to get a payment of £500 if you’re told to self-isolate because of Covid-19 and you cannot work from home and will lose income, or you need to care for children or dependents who have to stay home due to Covid-19 and you cannot work from home and will lose income. This includes looking after children or dependents home from a place of education or childcare due to staff shortages caused by the pandemic.

The payment will be either the Test and Trace Support Payment OR our Stay home support payment, which are both up to £500. Apply using the form below and we will work out which one you are eligible for.  

You can apply if any of the following is the case: 

  • you’ve had a positive Covid-19 test result 
  • you’ve been in contact with someone who has symptoms or tested positive  
  • you need to care for a child or dependent who has been told to self-isolate after 8 March 2021 
  • you need to care for a child or dependent who has to stay home from a place of education or childcare due to Covid-19 staff shortages 

And to be eligible you need to: 

  • apply within 42 days of the start of having to stay at home
  • be employed or self-employed 
  • be getting one of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit 
    • Working Tax Credit 
    • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance 
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance 
    • Income Support 
    • Housing Benefit 
    • Pension Credit 

Or if you are not getting benefits: 

  • you have applied for one of the benefits above but you have not yet received it 
  • you are on a low income  

To apply because of low income, one of the following must apply: 

Please apply using the form below. The form will take 10 to 15 minutes to fill in, and you will be asked to provide evidence as you go. You will be able to save the form and come back to it. 

Apply for a payment

Other financial help

See help available from the council or from other organisations