What to do if you disagree with our decisions

Use this guide to find information on disagreements, mediation and appeals regarding our decisions on your child or young person’s special educational needs. 

You can appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal if you disagree with our decisions about your child's special educational needs, and the disagreement hasn't been resolved by disagreement resolution or mediation.

Although we agree with parents on most SEN issues, there may be times where a disagreement arises.

We aim to make decisions about provision for children and young people with SEN and disabilities as soon as possible.

We also aim to make decisions jointly with children, young people and their parents.