Check if you need permission to busk

Use this guide to find out more information about busking, and whether you need a licence.

Busking is where individuals or groups play music or perform entertainment in a public place, usually while money is being received from the public.

Generally, you will not require a specific licence for busking in Lambeth, as long as your activities will not cause a disturbance or a nuisance to any other parties. This could be, for example, by blocking footpaths or causing excessive noise.

We strongly recommend that buskers hold an appropriate level of public liability insurance which covers their proposed activities.