Apply for a child employment licence

Use this guide to find relevant child employment and chaperone licences and permits.

Apply for a night work licence for a child working in entertainment

A night work licence is required when a child aged 13 or above is required to perform outside after permitted hours, in addition to having a completed entertainment licence application.

Cost for this service

There is no cost for this service.

What you need to know...

Night licences are only considered for 'broadcasted' performances and should be applied for at the same time as the child’s entertainment licence.

Download and complete

Child entertainment night work licence application form (Word, 48KB)

Next steps

Once you have completed the form, please send it with the all required documentation to the Child Employment Team. We need to receive this no less than 10 days before the performance date.

Licences are usually issued two to three days before the performance. If there are any problems with your application, or the application is to be refused, we will contact you immediately upon receipt.