Environmental waste permit

You will need to apply for licence if your business produces or deals with hazardous waste.

We authorise prescribed industrial processes under Part B of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Part B controls activities which cause emissions to air, such as vehicle respraying, furniture manufacture and unloading of petrol. These industrial processes have the potential to cause air pollution.

Do it by email

What you need to know...

Once we have received your application, we will review it.

We will then issue an authorisation in accordance with government guidance.

You must comply with the conditions of the authorisation and you will be subject to inspection to ensure this is the case.