Marriage and civil partnership certificates
You can buy copies of certificates for marriages and civil partnerships that happened after 31 December 2011. For earlier events, you can order certificates from GOV.UK.
Information that we need from you
To order certificates, you must give us enough information to find the original record. We cannot give you a certificate if we cannot find the original record using the information that you provide, or if we do not hold it.
To order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate, we need to know:
- the date of the marriage or civil partnership
- where the marriage or civil partnership happened, including the name of the building or church
- the full names of both people, including any previous family names
- the mother's full name, including any family names before marriage
- the father's full name
- date of birth for both individuals.
For church marriages, certificate copies are only available from the Register Office after the church has passed its marriage register to us. You may need to contact the church for a copy of the certificate if we do not have the latest marriage register. If you want to check if we have the latest register, contact the Register Office.
How to order
Certificates cost £11 each plus a delivery charge.
Our certificate order form is changing. If you have started a form and saved it for later, you need to complete it by 24 May.