LB Lambeth in partnership with the Friends of Vauxhall Park and the local community developed a masterplan for the redevelopment of Vauxhall Park which was funded from developer contributions in the local area.
The refurbishment included:
- New inclusive children’s play area with new equipment for all ages;
- Development of the Fawcett Sensory Garden incorporating the Lavender Garden;
- Enhanced all-weather dog exercise area;
- New surfacing and fencing to the Multiuse Games Area;
- Full refurbishment of the tennis courts including new surfacing and boundary fencing;
- Provision of Table Tennis Tables and drinking fountains;
- Fountain Mosaic designed and delivered by London School of Mosaics in Partnership with the Friends of Vauxhall Park;
- Updating of parks furniture and facilities;
- Realignment and resurfacing of paths restoring historic vistas;
- New drinking fountains and bottle fillers;
- Restoration of Heritage Railings and dwarf wall along South Lambeth Road;
- Updated signage, information panels and notice cabinets;
- Arboricultural maintenance work, tree planting and horticultural enhancement throughout.
The works were completed in October 2020.