Skip to main content
Who can use this scheme
The Household Support Scheme is available to you if you are:
- experiencing hardship, a crisis or an emergency
- impacted in any way by the Covid-19 crisis, including having a loss of work or change in economic situation, increased caring responsibilities or an increased pressure on your household related to self-isolation or ‘lockdown’
- being resettled into the community following a period in institutional or residential care, including former rough sleepers being resettled in the borough after being temporarily accommodated elsewhere due to Covid-19
- in need of support to prevent you entering institutional or residential care
- a family or individual under exceptional pressure
- setting up home as part of a planned resettlement
In order to qualify for the Scheme you must:
- live in Lambeth
- be 16+ years of age
- have lived in Lambeth for at least six weeks prior to applying (released prisoners, those fleeing domestic or gang violence, people living in temporary council accommodation or registered care projects are excepted from this requirement).
- for food and fuel support, have a household income of less than £30k per year or be in receipt of at least one of the benefits below.
- for most forms of support, be in receipt of at least one of the following benefits:
- Bereavement Benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- Council Tax Support (CTS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA - contributory)
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Support
- Industrial Death Benefit
- Industrial Injuries Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Maternity Allowance
- Tax Credits
- Widows Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- any type of Pension Credit.
- you cannot apply if you have received crisis support from this scheme in the last 6 months, unless you are applying for food or fuel support.