Appeal your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support decision

If you’ve received a decision about your claim, and think it’s wrong, you can ask us to look at it again.

If you would like to appeal against our decision you have the option to:

  • ask us to look at the decision again
  • ask us for a statement of reasons
  • appeal to an independent tribunal administered by the Tribunals Service.

If you want us to look at the decision again or to appeal against it, you must do so in writing within one month of the date on the decision letter.      

For further advice on appealing against a decision contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Appeal your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support decision