If you’re disabled, and need to make improvements to your home, you may be able to get a grant from Lambeth Council. The grants are awarded to help adults and children with disabilities live as independently as possible.
Possible improvements can include:
- widening doors and installing ramps
- improving access to rooms, by installing a stairlift for example
- improving facilities, such as creating a downstairs bathroom
- providing a suitable heating system
- adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.
A Disabled Facilities Grant won’t affect any benefits you currently receive.