Worried about drug misuse?
Drug misuse can be harmful to your health in both the short term and the long term.
Misuse of drugs can lead to serious addiction.
If you have an addiction, you're not alone. According to the charity Action on Addiction, one in three people are addicted to something.
Addiction is defined as not having control over doing, taking or using something to the point where it could be harmful to you.
How you can get help
Addiction and substance misuse are treatable and there are lots of ways that you can seek help:
- Your GP can discuss your problems with you and get you into treatment. Visit My Health London to find your local GP.
- If you're not comfortable talking to your GP, you can contact the Lambeth Drug and Alcohol Treatment Consortium.
- Find local drug treatment services by visiting the Frank website. Or talk through all your options with them by call their drugs helpline on 0300 123 6600.
- Anyone with a drug problem who wants help can visit the UK Narcotics Anonymous website.
- To speak to someone anonymously about any type of addiction, call the Samaritans free on 116 123. Or, visit the Samaritans' website.
- Young people can obtain drug and alcohol support by visiting DASH Lambeth.