Lambeth mental health services
Lambeth Single Point of Access (SPA)
Lambeth Single Point of Access (SPA) is a team of mental health professionals, support workers and social workers who can help clients access:
- one of three Living Well Centres, which offer short and long-term support from teams of clinicians, social workers, people with lived experience and support workers
- a team, if appropriate, that can visit the client if they require mental health support within 24 hours
- other services and community groups who can support the client.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM)
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) is the main provider of mental health care in Lambeth.
If you're receiving support from SLaM, please look at your care plan and contact the person listed in your crisis plan.
If you can't find your care plan, contact your community mental health team between 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday-Friday, and ask for your care coordinator or the person on duty. Outside of these times, you can contact your local home treatment team.
Integrated Talking Therapies
Lambeth Talking Therapies Service is part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT). The service is available to anyone who is over the age of 18 and registered with a Lambeth GP.
You can access the service on a self-referral basis. Visit their website to find out about more.
You can also find a guide about a range of useful services and resources on their website. The guide was developed for people who live in Lambeth and require support for many different reasons.
They offer talking therapies for people experiencing:
- mild to moderate depression
- general anxiety and worry
- panic attacks
- social anxiety
- traumatic memories
- obsessive compulsive disorder.
They also offer help with other problems including anger, eating, and relationship or sexual difficulties.
Appointments are offered at many GP surgeries and clinics across the borough of Lambeth.
Brixton Advice Centre
The Brixton Advice Centre provides support for a range of legal, financial and personal worries.