You can find information about:
- what to do if you have a fall
- the causes of falls
- how to prevent falls on the NHS Choices website.
It also provides information on how to support healthy bones.
Strength and balance classes
These classes are ideal for people who have had a fall or who are worried about falling.
Led by trained instructors, the classes follow a programme of specific exercises designed to improve strength, balance and confidence when walking.
They run once a week for one hour and are available at convenient locations across Lambeth and Southwark.
The classes are provided by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in association with King’s Health Partners.
What are the benefits?
There are a wide range of benefits, including improved health and wellbeing, which is associated with regular exercise.
By coming to these classes, you can also expect to:
- feel more steady when walking
- improve your strength and balance
- improve your physical abilities with daily activities such as housework, shopping or gardening.
To find more about the classes: