Our controller Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
Contact the Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect
- Property Address
- email address
- telephone number
- postal address (if applicable)
- bank and payment information (where applicable to pay your council tax liability)
- documentation received including all written correspondence and notes from telephone calls – this is held on the council’s line of business system for billing and collection purposes and is shared with other council departments and our Contractor Capita
- Written correspondence received and responded to is held on our document imaging system.
- Collection and enforcement of applicable tax
- public records relating to the property not an individual
- other third party agencies acting on your behalf
- police – where a criminal investigation is being undertaken
- government agencies where there is a statutory obligation
- third party contractors as an outsourced service
- where authorised by legislation, the general public.
- other council departments
- the council's contractual legal providers where applicable
You have the right to access, rectify and delete personal information, in addition to other rights as explained in the full version of our privacy notice.
You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used.
We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information.
Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information and to prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.
View the full version of our privacy notice.