Apply to transfer a premises licence

Use this guide to help you transfer your premises licence, either permanently, or temporarily, to someone else. 

Apply to permanently transfer a premises licence

If the business is sold to a new owner, an application can be made to transfer the licence to that person.

Who can use this service?

The new intended licence holder must apply to transfer the licence.

The previous or current premises licence holder must complete the transfer consent form.

Cost for this service

There is a £23 fee.

Payment options

If you complete your application online, you will be directed to the online payment portal.

If you complete a paper application, you have these payment options:

  • Pay online with your debit or credit card via the online payment portal. Next, choose 'premises licensing' on the left. You will need to attach a payment receipt to your application and submit your documents to Lambeth Licensing. We will not accept applications without this proof of payment.
  • Pay in person at the kiosks at Lambeth Civic Centre. Kiosk payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card.

What you need to know...

You will need to download, complete and sign a transfer consent form and have it ready to upload when you apply to transfer a premises licence.

If you are transferring a licence, there is a possibility that you will also need to vary the named designated premises supervisor. This is the person who holds a personal licence and authorises the supply of alcohol as the named designated premises supervisor on the premises licence.

Do it online

Apply to transfer a premises licence

Next steps

When you have submitted your application, please send an email to the licensing police at Please provide:

  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your place of birth
  • the name of the premises
  • the type of application you have submitted.