The licensable activities that a premises licence can authorise are:
- the sale by retail of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by a club to club members and guests
- the provision of regulated entertainment, including plays, films, indoor sports, music and dancing
- the provision of entertainment facilities
- the sale of late-night refreshments (hot food or drink supplied between 11.00pm and 5.00am).
Premises licences can also be used for one-off events at which more than 500 people are expected to attend. For smaller one-off events, it may be more appropriate to apply for a temporary event notice.
All licensable activities in Lambeth should contribute to and not have a negative impact on our four objectives:
- preventing crime and disorder
- public safety
- preventing public nuisance
- protecting children from harm.
See the licensing frequently asked questions (FAQs) document for answers you may have about licensing and deregulation changes: