Read the guidance notes before completing an application form.
What you need to know...
You must not start to deal in scrap metal before your application has been granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.
Costs for this service
There are two types of licence:
- Site licence - For businesses which operate collection yards, offices, storage facilities or industrial units within Lambeth. These licences also allow metal to be collected by appointment and transported from sites in other areas.
- Collector's licence - For businesses without sites which wish to collect scrap metal by way of door-to-door visits in Lambeth.
The fees for these are as follows:
Application for new scrap metal licence
- Site licence - £568
- Collector's licence - £614
Application to renew scrap metal licence
- Site licence - £334
- Collector's licence - £277
Application to vary scrap metal licence
- Site licence - £464
- Collector’s licence - £277
Download and complete
Upon receipt of the completed application, we will add your details to our register and confirm your registration. This will allow you to operate as a scrap metal dealer.
A registration is valid for three years. It can be renewed towards the end of this period by completing a new registration form.