Apply for a gaming machine permit for a licensed premises

Use this guide to help you apply for a gaming machine permit for your licensed premises.

One of the most common types of gambling is the use of gaming machines in non-gambling premises like pubs, bars and clubs.

The proprietors will usually need to obtain one of several types of permit to authorise their activities.

Please note that certain types of unlicensed premises, such as fast-food restaurants and minicab offices, are not entitled to apply for permits under the Gambling Act 2005. So, gambling facilities, including gaming machines, should not be available for use in these premises.

Contact us

For more information or advice, please contact Licensing: