We are able to consider applications for five different categories of premises licence:
- Adult gaming centres - amusement arcade premises making gaming machines available for use by over-18s only.
- Betting (at tracks) - areas at racecourses and sports grounds at which licensed bookmakers will be taking bets on a race or sporting event happening at that location.
- Betting (at other premises) - premises away from tracks and sports grounds such as a high street shop, at which a licensed bookmaker will be taking bets on races and sporting events happening elsewhere.
- Bingo - premises at which games of commercial prize bingo are regularly played.
- Family entertainment centres - amusement arcade premises making gaming machines available for use by people of all ages.
Each type of licence allows a particular variety of gambling activities, including the right to make a certain number of gaming machines available for use. Please see our information sheet for more details:
With the exception of betting (track) licences, premises licences may only be granted to people or organisations that hold an appropriate operating licence. These are issued by the Gambling Commission.
Casino premises licences are not available for premises in Lambeth.