Updates and advice about the impact of coronavirus in Lambeth
Register for Council Tax
If you’re 18 or over and own or rent a home, you’ll usually need to pay Council Tax. If you’re unsure, read our guide on who should pay Council Tax.
Use our online registration form to tell us you are:
- registering for Council Tax because you're now the person responsible for paying it
- moving into Lambeth from another area and registering for Council Tax in Lambeth
You can also use the form to tell us you're moving:
- to another address in Lambeth and need to change your address in your Council Tax account
- out of Lambeth
You can only register if you're already at your new address, or you are moving less than 2 weeks from today.
Before you start
To register, you’ll need your:
- bank details if you want to set up a Direct Debit
- landlord or agent’s details if you're a tenant
- other tenant details if you’re a joint tenant
- completion statement if you're the homeowner
- joint owner’s details if you’re a joint homeowner
You'll also need to tell us:
- your moving in date
- the full names of everyone aged 16 and over that lives with you
On the first page of the form, select the option that best matches your situation.
Problems with registering
If you're having problems with registering, contact the Council Tax team.
After you register
Once you've registered, we send you a Council Tax bill every year. This tells you who has to pay and how much. Find out more about your Council Tax bill.
You usually pay for Council Tax in 10 monthly instalments from 1 April to 1 January. But you can spread your payments over 12 months instead, or suggest a different payment plan. Find out how to change your payment plan.