This is a new page – your feedback will help us to improve it.

If you're the only person over 18 in your home, you might be able to get a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill. Find out how to apply for or cancel a single person discount.


If you live with other people, you should check who counts as an adult for Council Tax.

Before you start

First you have to register to pay Council Tax in Lambeth.

We check all applications with credit reference agencies.

Apply for single person discount

After you have applied

If we do not give you the discount and you think this is wrong, you can contact us to appeal.

Cancel your single person discount

If you're no longer the only person in your home that is counted as an adult for Council Tax, you need to cancel your Council Tax single person discount.

Cancel your single person discount